THE HOPE SUNSHINE CLUB TEEN BOARD CONSISTS OF A PRESIDENT, CO-PRESIDENT, OR VICE PRESIDENT MEMBER FROM A HOPE SUNSHINE CLUB AT EACH SCHOOL THAT HAS A HOPE SUNSHINE CLUB IN A SPECIFIC COUNTY IN FLORIDA. THE PURPOSE OF THE TEEN BOARD IS TO ENGAGE THE LEADERS OF HOPE SUNSHINE CLUBS IN A CONVERSATION ABOUT WHAT THEIR CLUBS ARE DOING AND HELP EACH OTHER WITH THEIR PROJECTS. IT ALSO ENCOURAGES THE DEVELOPMENT OF LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND TEAM BUILDING. WORKING TOGETHER AS LEADERS OF THEIR INDIVIDUAL CLUBS ENHANCES MEMBERS INTEREST, DESIRE AND SKILLS NEEDED TO HELP THEM BECOME THE LEADERS OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT DO GOOD IN THE FUTURE.THE FLORIDA INITIATIVE FOR SUICIDE PREVENTION, INC., FISP WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CREATION AND SPONSORSHIP OF THE HOPE SUNSHINE CLUBS INVITES THE MEMBERS OF THE HOPE SUNSHINE CLUB TEEN BOARD TO COME AND SEE IT'S NON-PROFIT BOARD IN ACTION. OUR HOPE IS THAT WE WILL INSPIRE THEM TO BE A VERY ACTIVE MEMBER OF THEIR COMMUNITY BUILDING AND SUPPORTING THE NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS IN THEIR COMMUNITIES.
HOPE SUNSHINE CLUB TEEN BOARD CONSTITUTION
Name Florida Initiative for Suicide Prevention, Inc., FISP HOPE SUNSHINE CLUBS TEEN BOARD
1. The FISP HOPE SUNSHINE CLUBS YOUTH BOARD was formed to help the presidents of the individual FISP High School HOPE Sunshine Clubs better serve the needs of their Clubs. By sharing information and learning better leadership skills. The board is charges with helping club officers enhance their individual clubs mission and their community.
2. The main emphasis is on developing leadership skills, encouraging teamwork, community responsibility and having fun by promoting The HOPE Club Mission:
The purpose of the HOPE Sunshine Clubs is to educate, support, and develop problem solving, coping and leadership skills, while fostering the prevention of suicide, bullying and substance abuse. The club members will learn to work together to accomplish a common goal of helping each other and their entire school community.
3. Interested youth that are enrolled in Florida High Schools
1. Any youth that is enrolled in a Florida high school, is a president, co-president or vice president of a FISP HOPE Sunshine Club can serve on the FISP HOPE SUNSHINE CLUBS TEEN BOARD.
2. Membership is gained by being a member of a FISP HOPE Sunshine Club in a Florida high school and paying an annual club membership fee of $10 or by having it supplied through fundraising, a sponsorship or donation. All membership fees include a HOPE Sunshine Club T-Shirt and Bracelet. All funds for memberships will be paid to the Florida Initiative for Suicide Prevention, Inc., FISP a 501(c) 3 not for profit organization for the purpose of supplying program materials and supervision.
3. Their Membership in a FISP HOPE SUNSHINE CLUB must be in good standing. Meaning that membership dues must be paid or subsidized.
1. Regular meetings should be held twice a year during the specified school year.
2. Special meetings may be called if a situation requires by: the FISP Board of Directors or three (3) members of the FISP HOPE SUNSHINE CLUBS TEEN BOARD or the FISP Executive Director or the FISP HOPE SUNSHINE CLUB Field Coordinator.
1. FISP HOPE SUNSHINE CLUBS TEEN BOARD shall function with the following officers:
Duties of Officers:
(a) President (Co-President): Conduct all meetings, shall appoint committees, and shall meet with all committees in an advisory capacity. The duty of the president is to see that all matters concerning the policy and activities of the HOPE Sunshine Clubs in their district are assisted and accomplished. The president should communicate regularly with the Board of Directors and serve on the Board of Directors.
(b) Vice President (Co-President): Shall perform all duties of the office of president during the president’s absence. Also, shall work with the president in an advisory capacity to all committees and serve on the Board of Directors.
(c) Secretary: Shall record the proceedings at each meeting as a permanent record. Keep membership updated and keep active members advised of upcoming meetings and events, and serve on the Board of Directors.
(d) Historian: Shall supply all information and photographs of the Teen Board’s activities to the www.fisphope.org website via the Florida Initiative for Suicide Prevention, Inc. office for inclusion on the website.
(e) Board of Directors: 1 representative from each Hope Sunshine Club in the School District, State and County in which the HOPE Sunshine Club is located. Three of which will be the president or Co-President, vice president or Co-President and secretary. The Board term of office will be consistent with the term of office of each President and/or Co-President’s term of office in his/her school’s HOPE Sunshine Club. To remain an active member of the Board of Directors, members must attend at least 2/3 of all bi-monthly
2. Terms of office will be from June of the official school year to June of the following official school year according the School District, State and County in which the HOPE Sunshine Club is located.
3. New board members will consist of HOPE Sunshine appointed representatives in the School District, State and County in which the HOPE Sunshine Clubs are located. Board members take office the month following the elections of the HOPE Sunshine officers in their School District, State and County in which the HOPE Sunshine Clubs are located. Vacancies on the board of directors will be filled by the incoming HOPE Sunshine Club representatives in the School District, State and County in which the HOPE Sunshine Clubs are located.