- Teacher Sponsor introduces the HOPE Sunshine Club Purpose and program.
- Each student introduces themselves and discusses what they think the HOPE Sunshine Club will be about.
The HOPE Sunshine Club Mission:The purpose of the HOPE Clubs is to educate, support, and develop problem solving, coping and leadership skills, while fostering the prevention of suicide, bullying and substance abuse. The club members will learn to work together to accomplish a common goal of helping each other and their entire school community.
- Establish Club Rules and constitution
- Discuss how to get additional member
- Discuss duties and responsibilities of Officers
- Select officers
- Discuss Teen Board and connection to FISP
- Discuss cooperation and interaction with other schools HOPE Sunshine CLUBS
- Discuss HUGS for HOPE Hug-A-Thon
- Discussion of issues the club will explore for your next several meetings including:
- Problem Solving- SUN Program
- Suicide Prevention
- Substance Abuse Prevention
Week FiveDiscuss the HUGS for HOPE Hug-A-Thon
- What will the subjects be that the displays cover and what will they look like?
- Where will it take place?
- Will your school partner with another school?
- What will the program look like?
- Students put chairs in a circle and discuss the SUN Ten Steps of the SUN Problem Solving Program.
- the fisp “The solutions unlimited now” sun program
SUN TEN Steps
- Members put their chairs in a circle and continue the conversation about the SUN Program
- Have one member submit or suggest a problem and got through the 10 steps
- Take notes of solutions discussed, pros and cons, and how to carry out plan discussion.
- Continue discussion from previous week using the SUN Problem Solving 10 Steps
- Use notes to review previous week Ideas and discussion
- Discussion about bullying
- Discussion about substance abuse
- Discussion about Suicide Prevention
- Discussion about Types of Brain diseases and Disorders- Mental Health
- What are the types of mental disorders?
- Discussion about what are the origins of Brain disease- Mental Health
- Discussion about Stress and how it affects you
- Discussion about the Do's and Don'ts of Social Media
- Discussion about Anger Management
Discuss the dangers of distracted driving.
- Discuss what is important about having good Communication skills
- Discuss “What have you been taught about Gender
Week Twenty• Discuss Dating Violence Is This Abuse Is My Relationship Healthy Healthy Relationships Healthy Relationship Quiz Conflict Resolution
Week Twenty One
- Discuss the term Coping Skills